The Mind Games / Privacy & Cookies Policy
This policy was last modified on April 30, 2019.
Who we are
This is one of its kind shop located in Cyprus selling high quality games, including backgammon, chess boards, casino games and accessories, table and board games, brain teasers and mind games for all ages!
The Mind Games
PO Box: 24984
General legal privacy and data collection, reason for keeping, reason for use and retention disclaimer.
We, at themindgames.com, collect electronically several data when you visit our webpage. This involves, cookies, IP addresses, and other similar information. In the event of placing an order with us, we do collect several other information from you such as, full name, address, telephone numbers and contact details, email address, etc. We assure you, that none of these information are kept in our record for any period of time more than a few hours in case of just visiting our page, or for a few days until we process your order and get it delivered – we automatically delete completed orders after 32 days which is 2 days more than the end of our refund policy. Also, we do not intend to get in touch with you by any way, for any reason, such as advertising or promotional purposes, re-searching projects, or whatsoever, unless you specifically request this from us in writing.
What information we collect and store
We collect personal information about you during the checkout process on our store, when you visit a broken link page – page that does not exist – that displays the message 404, when you request a file that does not exist or you are not allowed to view, when you make login attempt, when you log out, when you change your password and when you send us a message through our contact form.
- First and Last name
- Email address
We collect your first and last names to be able to provide a more personalised response and we use your email address only to be able to communicate with you on your email address and answer to your inquiry. We do no share or use these information for any other reason. We do not store the information you provide on our website but we store it on the mail server until the inquiry response process is completed.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Security and Logs
You should be aware that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We make use of your IP and username if you have an account into our website and the IP address if you do not to:
- Traffic monitoring and inspection
- Log all activities related to the logging in, logging out and 404 error page landing.
- Security logs that record incidents of login, logouts and 404 errors are kept for 7 days
- Used from the system’s security as a callback to recorded possible malicious activity and restrict IPs that repeat an offend
- Restriction of IPs is made after particular conditions are met, therefore the system need to count the number of incidents to check the conditions and apply restrictions appropriately
- Filtering spam comments – we use your IP – First and Last name and email only for the purposes of identifying spam and possibly malicious comments.
- Process all orders that require cardholder sensitive data in the secure are of the payment processor.
- Encrypt communication between your client and our server using SSL Encryption.
The IP address of visitors, user ID of logged in users, and username of login attempts are conditionally logged to check for malicious activity and to protect the site from specific kinds of attacks. Examples of conditions when logging occurs include login attempts, log out requests, requests for suspicious URLs, changes to site content, and password updates. This information is retained for 7 days.
It is important to log information of this category in order to keep your data on our website secure and to ensure that the website remains clean and free of any malicious entities. We do not use this information for any other reason than performing traffic monitoring and block malicious attacks from breaching the website.
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate them during checkout for future orders.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them. Reviews are only allowed from users that actually purchased the item they are reviewing so reviews are only accepted from true purchasers, so only people who truly purchased a product can leave a review. In this way we keep the quality of review and we provide a more subjective rating for our products and our customers.
How long data is retained
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 7 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
The following restrictive rules apply for data retention:
- Accounts are kept for 12 months (365 days) counting from the date a user’s logged in for the last time or placed an order. If a user has orders accounted to them then the orders will be set as guest orders with no data stored on them.
- Pending orders are retained for 3 days.
- Failed Orders are retained for 2 days.
- Cancelled orders are kept for 2 days.
- Completed orders are kept for 32 Days ( Our Refund/Return policy is 30 Days ).
- Data provided during placing a comment will be trashed if considered spam or malicious but can be kept for an indefinite amount of time because we need the information to analyse and take security precautions for spam comments. For example offenders that continue to spam comment will be eventually blocked.
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- Security logs are retained for 7 days.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
You can also visit your “Privacy Dashboard” located at the top bar above our header logo where you can do the following:
- Request Data Rectification – here you provide the data you need us to correct.
- Request Data Deletion – here you can send us a request to delete all the data you provided and we have them stored.
- Request your Data – here you can send us a request to give you all the data you provided and we have them stored.
- We block all cookies until you accept them. Please use the small icon at the bottom left of the website or click on the Privacy Settings on your Privacy Dashboard to control the cookies you allow and accept.
- You have to accept cookies before they are placed.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
- IPs that are restricted or locked out from the website
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfil orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We accept payments through JCC. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to JCC, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and cardholder data.
You can contact us or lodge a request or a complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be more than happy to respond to any inquiry.
- You can also contact us by mail using the following details:
10 A Karpenisiou Street, Nicosia, 1077
PO Box: 24984
Or give us a call at: 00357 22758844
What data breach procedures we have in place
In case of a breach we will inform all the customers that have an account via email and we will report the breach to our local Data Protection Authority within 72 hours. We may ask you to change your password after a personal data breach for security reasons.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you block all cookies from your browser settings you may not be able to use some portions of our Site like tracking cart/basket data changes, find a user’s cart / persistent cart and show you products you viewed recently.
Google Web Fonts
For uniform representation of fonts, this page uses web fonts provided by Google. When you open a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache to display texts and fonts correctly.
For this purpose your browser has to establish a direct connection to Google servers. Google thus becomes aware that our web page was accessed via your IP address. The use of Google Web fonts is done in the interest of a uniform and attractive presentation of our plugin. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO.
If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font is used by your computer.
We also used technical or session cookies that are used when you login that do not store any personal information but are used to check if you have cookies enabled on your browser, control the session such as check if you are logged in and check/recognise the session after login. These cookies are required for you to use our website and cannot be blocked because the website will not be functional.
Visiting the login page sets a temporary cookie that aids compatibility with some alternate login methods. This cookie contains no personal data and expires after 1 hour.
|Cookie Name||Expiration Time||Description||Domain||Provider|
|JCS_INENREF, JCS_INENTIM, _wpss_h_, _wpss_p_||Session end – 1 day||Used to stop spam in forms and also enhances the security of our website. These cookies are non intrusive – they do not store personally identifiable information about visitors and they are not used for advertising, marketing or similar.||.themindgames.com||.themindgames.com|
|woocommerce_cart_hash||Session end||Track cart data changes||.themindgames.com||.themindgames.com|
|woocommerce_items_in_cart||Session end||Track cart item data changes||.themindgames.com||.themindgames.com|
|wp_woocommerce_session_||24 hours||Find customer cart from the database||.themindgames.com||.themindgames.com|
|woocommerce_recently_viewed||Session end||Used to track the products you visited so that we can show them to you in the left sidebar of your shopping navigation items so you never lose a product you recently visited. It does not track any personal information and only lasts until the session ends.||.themindgames.com||.themindgames.com|
|wordpress_test_cookie||Session end||Check if cookies are enabled on your browser||.themindgames.com||.themindgames.com|
||Session end||Used to check if a user is logged in.||.themindgames.com||.themindgames.com|
|wordpress_sec||Session end||Cookie set for recognising the session after logging in.||.themindgames.com||.themindgames.com|
Links To Other Sites